Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – June 27, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT that we are now starting our 15th week of “sheltering in place”.
– REPORT that hospitals are being filled. Surge is happening now, EVERYWHERE.
– Seems that we are going to try to “weather the surge”.
– MOST NEW CASES are coming from Coachella, Indio, etc.
– DISCUSSION of the rumor that the virus might disappear w/out a vaccine.
– DISCUSSION of the report out of Italy that the virus is getting weaker.
– DISCUSSION that even in folks who have recovered from the virus their antibodies seem to disappear in a couple of months.
– REPORT that it seems that even though you have recovered from this virus, you might be able to GET IT AGAIN!!!
– Most cases now are 45 years old and below. But the older you get, the more likely you are to be hospitalized. Getting high concentrations of oxygen as treatment.
– REPORT that now patients are being told to lay on their stomachs to be able to breathe better.
– DISCUSSION that the boarder cities of California have had a tremendous surge of the virus.
– REPORT that the CDC has added nausea, vomiting and diarrhea to the list of symptoms of COVID-19.
– REPORT that the virus will not live long on hot surfaces outside. Most catch the virus INDOORS.
– REPORT that even as we enter Stage #3, we still need to wear a mask, wash your hands and socially distance. SIT OUTSIDE @ a restaurant if you can.