Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – June 20, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– REPORT that we are now starting our 14th week of “sheltering in place”.
– REPORT that the surge is starting that we had expected back in April.
– East Valley (Coachella and Indio) is testing positive @ a rate of 320%.
– WE NOW have 100 patients in the 3 hospitals in the Valley that have tested positive. Ventilators are not recommended any more. Patients are 50 and above and will most likely not survive.
– REPORT that the “surge” hospital in Indio might need to come back.
– REPORT on the drug dexamethasone reducing mortality in hospital patients. NO SHORTAGE OF THIS DRUG. Inexpensive.
– DISCUSSION of his history @ Desert Regional Medical Center and Desert Oasis Health Care.
– REPORT that we still need to wear a mask, wash your hands and socially distance. SIT OUTSIDE @ a restaurant if you can.