Palm Springs Chamber Segment – May 2, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – Palm Springs Chamber Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
PALM SPRINGS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE w/ Nona Watson re: CEO for going on 12 years. 190 W. Amado Rd., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– She’s a member of Mayor Kors’ task force for “re-opening” Palm Springs. REPORT that the County also is putting a task force together and she hopes to sit on that committee as well.
– REPORT on the task force’s first meeting. Program for Restaurants to feed “high risk Seniors….supported by City and County.
– 35 people on this committee. Representative from all sectors of the Palm Springs community.
– Brittany from the Chamber is taking P.S. Monopoly games around to members to see how they can help a business. One-on-one approach. Reaching 40 businesses a day this way.
– REPORT on the Chamber’s website. 5/5 there will be a virtual town hall meeting @ 11 AM. Login for that is on the website. Will deal w/ recovery.
– REPORT on virtual Chamber lunches. May will feature the “Sandwich Spot” 276 N. Palm Cyn., and get lunch and then go home and join the Zoom virtual Chamber lunch.
– Website has Restaurant info, financial information, proposed re-opening changes, creative things going forward, etc.