Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – May 23, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
LATE BREAKING NEWS….Yesterday, May 22, the Mayor of Palm Springs announced the re-opening of all restaurants and businesses in Palm Springs!!!
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– REPORT that we are in our 10th week of “sheltering in place”.
– REPORT that Coachella Valley is beginning to open up. CV has only 1200 positive cases.
– DOHC members call (760) 969-6555 for free testing thru DOHC.
– REPORT that if you are within 6 feet of ANYONE, wear a mask. Risk of contracting the COVID-19 goes from 2% to 70% if you don’t have a mask on, even if you are asymptomatic. WASH YOUR HANDS.
– REPORT on the virus in children now in every state.
– CDC late breaking information; NOW, Hydroxychloroquine is not considered effective against the virus. Remdesivir studies also do not show any benefit for coronavirus patients.
– DISCUSSION of the partnership w/ EH, Desert Care Network, Desert AIDS Project and Desert Oasis Healthcare.
– Convalescent plasma is promising.
– REPORT on the Vaccine and the over 100 that are in the works. They will be administered as shots.