Desert Water Agency Segment – April 4, 2020
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – Desert Water Agency Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT WATER AGENCY w/ Ashley Metzger re: Outreach and Conservation Manager. 1200 S. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92264.
– REPORT on the Butterfly Migration this year. Had to cancel the 3/22 Butterfly Block Party.
– REPORT that the office on Gene Autry is closed until further notice.
– REPORT on how to pay bills now without going into DWA. There’s a drop box in the parking lot.
– REPORT that there are NO LATE FEES, PROCESSING FEES OR DISCONNECTS @ this point in time.
– DISCUSSION of how to handle bills you can’t pay due to the COVID-19 crisis.
– REPORT that there is a fund of up to $100/year credit on a water bill for anyone impacted by COVID-19.
– REPORT on the activities of DWA during this time since DWA is considered an essential service and can repair, inspect, and service anyone @ this point in time. Doing these services/things w/ NO CONTACT.
– REPORT that our water is fully available thru DWA and how safe our water is. Water throughout California is chlorinated and that chlorine is extremely effective in killing the COVID-19 virus.
– REPORT that lots of information on the website www.dwa.org/covid.
(760) 323-4971 X 184)