cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – April 11, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 3 – cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262.
– DISCUSSION of what happens when one is hospitalized; 1. Patient stays on a ventilator in ICU for 8 to 14 days; 2. Patient is sedated; 3. Patient is paralyzed; 4. MONTHS of recovery returning home, possible cardiac damage too.
– REPORT on hydroxychloroquine that were used to treat malaria. Thought is that it blocks the virus getting into the cell. Given orally. Study in France looks promising. Question is the timing of the effectiveness of the drug. Not as beneficial AFTER the symptoms become more serious.
– DISCUSSION of convalescence serum. Taking blood from a person who has recovered from the virus and giving it to ill patients.
– DOHC and Dr. Hodgkins is up-to-date from all the information from the CDC, etc., So is the www.mydohc.com website.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C. has gone to virtual visits. If you are a D.O.H.C. member, call your physician first and set it up.
– Go to www.mydohc.com for current information. Do not need to be a DOHC member to use the website.