Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – March 28, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
D.O.H.C. w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Services; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C. is working closely w/ Eisenhower Health, Desert Care Network and Desert AIDS Project to service the community.
– REPORT on:
1. Drinking alcohol does not kill the coronavirus.
2. Best way to wash your hands.
3. What is the best % of alcohol in a hand sanitizer.
4. Compound pharmacies and wineries are now making hand sanitizers.
5. DEFINITION of testing (swabs) vs. screening.
6. REPORT on the tent outside their Immediate Care Facility and the timing of the return on the results of the coronavirus test.
7. DEFINITION of isolation (you have symptoms) and quarantine.
8. CDC has changed their priorities on whom to screen for COVID-19. Assessment, screening and a test. CALL FIRST (760) 969-6555.
9. REPORT that Italy has an older population, vs. S. Korea that has a younger population.
10. REPORT that CA. has 3,100 cases over all but C. V. now has 31 cases.
11. 1135 Government order (Stafford Act) is in place. Whereas we can make immediate changes, i.e. change a hotel into a hospital, etc.
12. Building of a “tent” hospital in Indio on the Fairgrounds.
13. DISCUSSION of how the coronavirus will do when our temperatures go over 83 degrees. This coronavirus will probably be seasonal.
14. Once you have the coronavirus, IT’S GONE. Learned this from the MERS virus.
– Go to www.mydohc.com for current information. Do not need to be a DOHC member to use the website.