Desert Oasis Health Care Segment – March 21, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 3 – Desert Oasis Health Care Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you that many of the events and functions I am featuring this week are being canceled, postponed or rescheduled minute by minute.
Please check web sites and phone numbers for up-to-date information. Be well and all the best. Joey.
D.O.H.C. w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Services; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C. is working w/ Eisenhower Health and Desert Care Network to service the community.
– REPORT on importance of hand washing and NOT touching your face or your mouth.
– REPORT that COVID-19 is a virus we have not seen in humans before. This is a “relative” of SARS, MERS, etc.
– REPORT on how this virus started in China and that we don’t know a lot about it yet. Go to the CDC for the best updated information.
– Go to www.mydohc.com for current information. Do not need to be a DOHC member to use the website.
– DISCUSSION of;
a.) Possibility of a vaccine. A 3 series vaccine @ this point in time. Working on one.
b.) China study re: Their initial case from Nov., and whether there will be any immunity further out. 80% of patients will have mild symptoms. Don’t know if it’s seasonal. Don’t know about massive doses of Vit., C.
c.) Japanese study of a drug. Use now of Remdesivir.
d.) Who is most @ risk, i.e. older folks, HIV patients, Desert AIDS Project’s testing center.
e.) REPORT on the testing/screening being done D.O.H.C. Can be done thru a drive-thru etc., if you FIRST meet the criteria for testing. PHONE FIRST. Want to get the test down to results in 4 hours.
f.) SYMPTOMS ARE; temperature over 100; sore throat, dry cough, feel achy or lethargic. Second week is when pneumonia may occur. AFTER TESTING you will probably be managed AT HOME. Nurses will call you and check on you @ home for 14 days. Actually, checking if folks @ home have all they need. Working w/ F.I.N.D. Food Bank!!!
g.) DISCUSSION of whether or not to wear a mask. If you have the virus, yes. If you are a health care worker, yes. DON’T WEAR one otherwise, because you are depriving a hospital worker you are depriving of one AND folks will think you are ill.
h.) DISCUSSION that the Coronavirus does not like heat, alcohol wipes, disinfectants, etc. Wipe down phones, remotes, doorknobs, etc. DON’T MIX BLEACH w/ anything. List of safe ones on their website.