cont. Desert Oasis Health Care Segment – March 21, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – cont. Desert Oasis Health Care Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you that many of the events and functions I am featuring this week are being canceled, postponed or rescheduled minute by minute.
Please check web sites and phone numbers for up-to-date information. Be well and all the best. Joey.
D.O.H.C. w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Services; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262.
– DISCUSSION of COVID-19;
a.) Can animals get Coronavirus? Cattle, cats, camels and bats…from the CDC. If you are sick, your pet can become a FOMITE. Virus may be viable on your pet, a carrier for a while.
b.) Whether blood type A may be more susceptible? In China most of the infected patients have Blood Type O. Here in American most people have Blood Type A. So regardless of your blood type, do the social distancing, hand washing, things you can control.
c.) Still need to donate blood during this time. LStream is a necessary entity and exempt from the “Shelter-In-Place” order.
d.) DEFINITION of “herd immunity”. The more folks that develop “self-immunity” the safer the community will be.
– DISCUSSION of his information stream.
– DISCUSSION of how and where this new vaccine will be distributed.
– REPORT that COVID-19 is 10 times more lethal than influenza. Only 40% of Americans get influenza, where as 90% of Americans may get COVID-19.
– Eisenhower Health has a Coronavirus hotline; (760) 837-8988.
– Insurances may NOT charge a co-pay for testing. Riverside County is offering FREE testing throughout the community, w/ a Doctor’s order if you meet the criteria.