Women’s Segment – February 22, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Women’s Segment
The Monthly Women’s Segment of the Joey English Show is presented to you thru the generosity of Desert Oasis Health Care and Teresa Hodgkins, pharmacist, mom and member of DOHC’s Leadership Team.
DESERT OASIS HEALTH CARE w/ Sarah Tripp R.D. and Kenna Patel, Pharm D. re: 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT that Feb. is heart month. Heart disease is the biggest killer of women. More than all the cancers put together.
– REPORT on the “Go Red for Women” luncheon.
– DISCUSSION of things to do to prevent heart issues.
– 1st week in March will be National Eating Disorders Week. These are truly serious illnesses. i.e. Binge eating, Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, and Purging. More prevalent in women. Disordered eating discussion.
– DEFINITION of these eating disorders, the ages and sexes involved. Need to have a therapy regime.
– DISCUSSION of treatment types. Need to have a HEALTHY relationship w/ food!!!!
– RESOURCES @ www.nationaleatingdisorders.org. There is also a “screening” tool.