cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – February 8, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
DEMENTIA HELP CENTER w/ Kae Hammond re: President & Founder; 495 Town Center Way, 44 Ste., B, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– DISCUSSION of how people are in denial after a loved one has had a stroke. Not understanding that the brain cells have been destroyed.
– DISCUSSION that “lucid moments” cause the family to feel that the patient has been faking OR that they are going to be “normal” again. Still the denial factor.
– REPORT that isolation happens for the patient when they are cared for @ home.
– ISOLATION is a major issue in this country vs. Solitude. CDC calls isolation a disease now.
– DISCUSSION that isolation causes depression, dietary changes, hoarding issues, shopping networks addictions and therefore the loss of their funds.
– DISCUSSION that a spouse feels guilty because they “promised” their spouse would NEVER have to leave home, that they would “care” for the spouse FOREVER.
– REPORT on “THRIVE” a FREE a support group for Dementia Family Caregivers. Usually meets 1st and 3rd Wed., of every month @ 10 AM. Hosted by “The Fountains @ the Carlotta”. Call for details