Restaurant of the Week Segment – December 14, 2019
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week Segment
“MC DONALDS” w/ Dick Shalhoub re: 44100 Monterey Ave., #214, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– REPORT on the 32 stores that his management company own. Now called “quick service”, not “drive thru”.
– DISCUSSION of the history and future of a vegetarian burger. i.e. “Beyond Meat”.
– DISCUSSION of the new and VERY successful Chicken Breakfast Sandwich. Plans for a future spicy one w/ blueberry syrup.
– DISCUSSION of the new “Star Wars” Happy Meals plus a $3.99 Star Wars toys.
– DISCUSSION of the charity support Dick does, i.e his Star Wars Christmas Tree from ACT for MS Christmas Tree Lane, decorated by Linda Williamson.
– DISCUSSION of the fact that the outdoor play areas have been replaced by electronic games for the most part.
– REPORT on more bake goods coming, more chicken products coming, kitchen remodeling coming, etc.
– DISCUSSION of the possibility of future stores w/ no counters, all computerized and self-service.
– Trees freshly cut, not stored for months.
– From Montana and Idaho.
– They will deliver.
– Tree stands available, that don’t leak.
– Wreaths, garlands, etc.,
– Will flock any color.
– Open 9 AM to 9 PM up to and thru Christmas Day.
– Two lots: 400 N. Indian in Palm Springs (406) 210-4422 and 73-796 San Luis Rey, Palm Desert (406) 370-6792.