Palm Springs Segment – December 28, 2019
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – Palm Springs Segment
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS – w/ Mayor Geoff Kors re: 3200 E. Tahquitz Cyn., Way, Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT on his 4 years on the P.S. City Council and his distinguished career in public service.
– He’ll be mayor for one year now that we have 5 districts and a rotating mayor. Palm Springs residents helped to define this new system so that the public was truly part of the process.
– How several council members altered their terms to facilitate the whole council on a regular election schedule.
– All public notices and mailings are now bi-lingual.
– The new electrical energy efficient programs that he is orchestrating here in the Valley, led by Palm Springs w/ Desert Community Energy. 100% Carbon free power.
– 1st Monday in January, Indian Canyon will go two ways. 2 lanes going north, 1 lane going south and the turning lane in the middle. Impact for pedestrian safety and business benefits. Palm Springs got 6 of the 10 competitive grants to accomplish this change.
– DISCUSSION of “Marilyn” project w/ P.S. Resorts and where she will be.
– UPDATE on the Restoration of the Palm Springs Plaza Theater w/ Robert Moon and J.R. Roberts; the Andaz Hotel.
– DISCUSSION of the homeless problem and how his administration is addressing it. We are the only city of the CV w/ both a daytime and nighttime shelter.
– Sign up on the City’s website for alerts, emails etc.