cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – October 12, 2019
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 3 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING w/ Kurt Suminski 72201 Country Club Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA., 92270. He’s the Clare Bridge/Memory Coordinator.
– DISCUSSION of the 3rd level; Memory care.
– Games and activities that “memory care” residents are capable of.
– Any holiday is a good time for visiting parents and or children to check out the facilities for the future.
– DISCUSSION of the workable timing for becoming a resident and how to reserve a space.
– You can be a resident of different Brookdale facilities around the country.
– DISCUSSION of how children have become mobile and left home and the care of the parents has changed – in comparison to when elder parents lived in the family home while aging w/ several generations under the same roof.
– OPEN CAMPUS you can just drop in.
FAMILY HOSPICE CARE w/ Dr. Howard Cohen re: 255 El Cielo Rad., C-300, Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– He’s the medical director for Family Hospice Care, the largest hospice care facility in the area.
– Hospice is about living not about dying. “Life is what we die from”.
– Hospice takes care WHERE YOU LIVE, but usually not in a hospital.
– DISCUSSION of folks taking the summertime to think and talk about the “end of life” options.
– 2016, CA. passed the “End of Life Option Act”. Physician assisted dying. Very interesting criteria for this procedure.
– Can email questions and comments to Dr. Cohen @ email@example.com.
– The #1 reason people opt out of life is not pain, it is that they can no longer can engage in the enjoyment of life.