Restaurant of the Week Segment – July 27, 2019
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week Segment
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ George Kessinger, re: “Crazy Mel’s Burgers & Bar”, 166 N. Palm Cyn., P.S.
– DISCUSSION of how they maintain a comfortable temperature INSIDE and OUT in the summer. Have one of the best mist systems in the Valley.
– The only restaurant where you can see the mountains from top to bottom.
– DISCUSSION of the history of this historical site building. Built in the 30’s. Howard Hughes owned property @ one point in time. There is also a park in the back. Also, it is the first open-air shopping center in Palm Springs.
– All the prizes for winning the “Brady Sandahl’s Joey English Mystery House” are $20. gift certificates to “Crazy Mel’s”.
– Opens 11 AM Thursday thru Monday and close @ 11 PM – midnight if needed.
– DISCUSSION of the prices and the menu. All American “dive” for $10. Meat is not “hamburger”, it’s brisket, ribs and chuck meat!!!! French fries are cooked frozen, are a 3/8” cut, and are fried in Soybean oil. COOKED TO ORDER. Never under a hot lamp. Custom designed drinks too. Flavored ice teas.