cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – May 11, 2019
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
FAMILY HOSPICE CARE w/ Dr. Howie Cohen (the medical director) and Glendon Geike re: 255 El Cielo Rd., C-300, Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– DISCUSSION of how Glen got into “end of life” dula.
– DISCUSSION of how “End of Life Dula” program began and the training the organization now provides.
– DISCUSSION of the procedure an “End of Life Dula” would provide to you. #1 Finding meaning. #2. Finding how you want to be remembered.
– DISCUSSION of the fact that dying is not a conversation that families are comfortable having.
– Dr. Cohen gives talks in the community about “end of life” issues. DISCUSSION of the fact that since families don’t live w/ all generations any more, young people don’t see aging and loss right in their home.
– DISCUSSION by Glendon of a “vigil” outline provided by a patient in hospice to be done @ the end of his life. BEAUTIFUL.