Medical Segment – January 12, 2019
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 2 – Medical Segment
DESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER w/ Dr. David Duffner re: Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon. OPMA, 71511 Hwy., 111, Ste., A, Rancho Mirage, CA. 92270.
– DISCUSSION of the sacroiliac, where the spine connects to the pelvis. Actually, the remainder of our “tail”.
– Different causes of sacroiliac pain. 10 – 15 % of back pain is really the sacroiliac and first must identify the “pain generator”.
– Before surgery treatments include; anti-inflammatory drugs, bracing, chiropractic treatments, and possible injections of cortisone.
– Then an injection of a local anesthetic is given and if that blocks the pain the “pain generator” is there in the sacroiliac.
– Now the surgery is minimally invasive.
– During surgery titanium plugs are put in, (which bone loves), to stop the painful motion.