The “Senior Moment” Segment – June 9, 2018
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – The “Senior Moment” Segment
Kurt Suminski, and John Spaun, executive director
– Three levels of care available;
– 1.) Assisted Living – when you need a bit of extra care and safety. Individual apartments, studios, 1 and 2 bedrooms. Bring your cat and/or dogs.
– 2.) Mirage Inn Aging in Place – you transfer over and don’t have to physically move from the main property. Make your environment comfortable for you, can bring the animals too. When you need a bit more care than Assisted Living offers.
– 3.) Clare Bridge Memory Care – For folks w/ dementia and alzheimers, where routines are very structured.
– Someone has to be 65 years of age to live @ Brookdale.
– Report on facilities @ Brookdale; The Safari Lounge, The Cosmo Room, the movie theatre, the Cabaret Nightclub, the great chef and dining room etc..
– Computer room w/ Skype, and emails etc., for residents w/ a technician’s help twice a week.
– Brookdale/Mirage Inn is “A Cruise Ship on Land”.
– Gives residents socialization, purpose in life, companionship, etc.
– All diet requirements can be met, including “mechanical “soft” foods.
– 6/21 – “Family and Friends” Open House!!!! For folks to see the facility and what it offers.
– Three locations in the Valley, 2 in Rancho Mirage and 1 on Sunrise in Palm Springs.