Palm Springs Aerial Tram Segment – June 30, 2018
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 3 – Palm Springs Aerial Tram Segment
PALM SPRINGS AERIAL TRAM
– Extended tram hours for Independence Day Holiday. Tramway opens @ 8 AM on July 4.
– Free guided nature walks on Saturdays and Sundays. 1), Desert View Trail @ 11 AM and 2), Long Valley Nature Trail @ 1:30 PM. Goes thru September. Register @ www.msjnha.org/events.
– FREE Junior Ranger Days from 11 to 3 w/ all kinds of activities all summer on the weekends. Kids get a badge.
– Ride ‘n Dine packages available for 7 days a week
– Military Days. U.S. Armed forces receive free tram admission throughout the month of July, w/ proper I.D. Extended to spouses, widows, widowers, and 25% off of @ least 6 of their guests.
– Peaks Restaurant voted 8th IN THE WORLD for cliffside dining.
– Tram cars go through 5 different climate zones.
– Round cars were made in Switzerland.
– 22,000 helicopter trips to build the tram 55 years ago. Heavy things came by mule over the top of the mountain from Idyllwild.