“Senior Moment” Segment – May 12, 2018
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – “Senior Moment” Segment
Family Hospice Care
Dr. Howard Cohen
– “Nurses Week” ends tomorrow w/ Mother’s Day. His 93 year-old mother is a retired R.N.
– Usually the daughter is the care-giver for the parents/Mother.
– Busy time for Family Hospice now.
– Sometimes people don’t need hospice yet, they need assisted living etc.,
– Families are so spread out and social media has separated us.
– Hospice in the U.S. takes place WHERE YOU LIVE.
– You must be diagnosed that you have 6 months or less to live to qualify for hospice.
– Need to determine your living conditions, i.e. hoarding, filth, fresh vs outdated food or prescriptions, shopping, pet care, etc., F.H.C. will help hire and maintain these situation.
– You can get better and come out of hospice.