Eisenhower Health Segment – May 26, 2018
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – Eisenhower Health Segment
Lee Rice, she’s Media Coordinator and Communications Specialist for EH
Dr. Susan Romkema, DNPRN, MHA, ME.BC, SCRN. She’s the Clinical nursing director for the stroke center @ Eisenhower Health.
– Get about 800 stroke patients a year @ Eisenhower.
– Discussion of May being Stroke Awareness Month.
– B.E.F.A.S.T. The warning signs of stroke….balance, eyes, face, arms, speech and time.
– 2 types of strokes: Ischemic (clot controls) and Hemorragic (blood pressure controls).
– One side of the brain controls the opposite side of the body.
– Reaction time for responding to a stroke has been extended.
– Reprofuse the blood to the brain helps restore the function.