Books and Authors Segment – April 21, 2018
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Books and Authors Segment
“A WILD PROMISE, PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND”
Debbie S. Miller
– Debbie has lived in Alaska for 40 years. Has a passion for writing nature books. Also writes children’s books.
– Alaska is “the last frontier”. Stays dark more of the day in the northern part of the state. You get use to the difference in the time/light/day routine.
– Photos in the book were taken mostly in the summer.
– Table-top book w/ great clear photos. Collaborated w/ photographer Hugh Rose.
– Alaska has the largest number of “tide-water glaciers” in America.
– Published by Braided River who serves to protect wildlife areas.
– 4/23 @ 7 PM – Her book signing @ the Camelot Theatre.