February 3, 2018
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
“LuLu” California Bistro.
– TOMORROW 2/4, @ 1 PM until the game is over…. “The Big Game” between the Eagles and the Patriots
– Buffet for the game for $24.99, awesome drinks
– Reservations recommended
– Fred “The Hammer” Williamson will raffle off an autographed football
– Chris will emcee the day
THE DESERT SYMPHONY
– HOLD THE DATE: 3/15 – “The Texas Tenors” the 3 singers that sing all kinds of music. Their new CD “Rise”
– Tickets @ www.mccallumtheatre.com and (760) 340-ARTS
LES MICHAELS PRODUCTIONS
– TONIGHT 2/3 – At A.J.’s on the Green for “Open Mike” @ 7:30 PM. For singers, this is not karaoke!! Joel Baker will accompany the singers. Reservations needed (760) 202-1111.
– TOMORROW 2/4 – 8TH Season of “Cabaret on Sundays” @ the Joslyn Center’s “Arthur Newman Theater” 2 PM. Tickets are $15 @ the door. “Still Fabulous After the Follies” w/ 4 former stars of the P.S. Follies. Weekly newsletter “Life is a Cabaret” www.lesmichaels.com/joslyn
THE LOS ANGELES WOMEN’S THEATER PROJECT
“The Vagina Monologues” playing TONIGHT @ 6 PM, doors open and 7 PM show @ the Riviera.
– Lynn Lockwood will play the harp.
– Tickets are cash @ the door $25.
– Benefits victims of sexual assault. Their mission is to advocate, educate and create opportunities for women in the media and the performing arts.
THE PALM CANYON THEATRE
“Hello Dolly” closing Feb., 11.
– Most performances of “Hello Dolly” are sold out, but a few single tickets are available.
– Next shows, “Sister Act”, “Damn Yankees”, “Gypsy” and then Summer Camp.
Home and Services
Carnell J. of Palm Springs, CA. – 1st TIME WINNER!!!! Visiting from Michigan
TOWN CENTER COMPOUNDING PHARMACY
Dr. Leslie Todd
All medical issues are presented w/ respect to the impact of bio-identical hormones and alkaline water.
– FREE water lecture the last Thurs., of each month
– Make you and your baby healthier/smarter when pregnant.
– To cure cold sores, spray the 2.5 sterile water.
– Sterile 2.5 water will heal MRSA and diabetic sores.
– The alkaline water clears the fog caused by drinking alcohol.
– Dementia is offset by the bio-identical progesterone and alkaline water. Bio-identical progesterone will help build new brain cells.
– Acne will heal if you spray the sterile 2.5 alkaline water.
– Rosacea responds well to “Eat Right For Your Blood Type”.
– FREE consultations.
CA. DESERT ARTS
– All the art events are up on his web site
– Presidents Day art events
– El Paseo Art Walk every month
– 2/10 – “Taste of Jalisco” in Cathedral City
– Agua Caliente Cultural Museum “Spirit of the Potters” will be there all year.
– 2/7 Backstreet Arts District
– Perez Road Art District has an art walk in C.C.
– 2/15 start of Modernism Week
– Theater productions are up on the web
– “Dirty Blonde” @ Annenberg
DESERT ART CENTER
– Provide classes for Middle School students for 3 hours on Saturdays
– 2/10 “Art For Kids Day”@ Frances Stevens Park from 1 – 4 PM.
– $5. Tix. For adults, accompanied children under 16 FREE
– Art Activities, Juried Art Show, Raffle, Entertainment, Refreshments
– A fundraiser for the Middle School Art Program and The Susan Smith Evans Memorial Scholarship Fund.
PALM SPRINGS AIR MUSEUM
– TODAY 2/3 – Tuskeegee Airman
– Nose art, Cartoon art and Insigna Art exhibits
– 2/10 – 100th “Bloody Bomber Group” mini reunion
– 2/16 – P.S. Air Museum Gala
PALM SPRINGS ART MUSEUM
– In Palm Springs thru 2/27 – Mysteries of the Mesa: The Restoration of William Robinson Leigh’s ‘Thunder Mountain’ & thru 3/5 – No Glass Ceiling! Women Working in Glass & thru 5/28 – Michael Childers: Having a Ball.
In Palm Springs @ A + D Center thru 6/4 – In Conversation: Alma Allen & J.B. Blunk
In Palm Desert @ The Galen & Faye Sarkowsky Sculpture Garden thru 3/4 – Bob Van Breda: Lost & Found, FREE admission – all days, all times.
Michael Childer’s “Having A Ball”
Kids and Pets Service
Paul C. of Indio, CA.
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
L.G.B.T/”Go Green” Segment
DESERT AIDS PROJECT
– 2/10 – Steve Chase Humanitarian Awards, w/ “In Vogue” and after party @ the Palm Springs Convention Center
– Red Carpet Event w/ fashion designers, Susan Stein from P.S. Life “The Look of the Steve Chase”
– KMIR will broadcast live and streaming on their FB page live throughout the night.
– Being President of the P.S.Chamber
– Sign up for the REV Club
– Need for Volunteers. Call Charles @ (760) 969-5749 or click on volunteer on either the DAP or Revivals web site. They will train you. Start @ only 4 hours a week.
– Three Stores; Palm Desert, Cathedral City and Palm Springs.
– Volunteers will be working the Steve Chase.
– Each store reflects the community in which it is located.
THE CENTER PALM SPRINGS
– 2/22 “Out for Laughs” @ the P.S. Cultural Center every Thurs., in the Camelot Theatre
– 3/10 “Red Dress, Dress Red” @ the P.S. Air Museum. Tix are $95. Costume contest to win a trip to Cancun.
ATOMIC BUDZ AND NEST EGGG
John Chaisson and Jeff Wolter.
– Biggest change in cannabis laws are that it’s gone recreational in additional to medicinal use.
– Medicinal patients can have a larger quantity, some taxes are waived. (exempt from sales tax)
– In CA. 15% state tax cannabis, 10% city tax and the sales tax too.
– Demographics of clients has changed. Older now and less of a stigma. Looking for pain relief.
– Since it’s legal, cannabis is tested, cleaner, purer, etc., and you can know how safe it is.
– Atomic Budz is @ 68415 Perez Road, Cathedral City…with a wide range of products. Organic cold-press juices, ice cream, lots of alternative pain products, pet products.
(760) 322-4481- Option #1 for CA.
DESERT WATER AGENCY
– water rates will go up in July
– Info about the 2nd Snow pack survey in the Sierra’s
– Many coupon offers and hints on the web site.
– Hacking is usually actually “spoofing” w/ respect to your emails.
– Emails are not PRIVATE. Don’t email any passwords, Social Security numbers, etc.,
– They hack to advertise, get money/scam, deliver a virus etc.,
– Really nothing you can do about “spoofing”. It’s a biproduct of how email works.
– Don’t store your password to sign on.
– Just “mouse” over the link and it will give you the address.
– On being an Apple specialist.
– Can set up, coach, train all computer issues
– Renova is the only installer of the Tesla Power Wall
– Allows you to back up your power w/ the battery wall and not pull power off the grid. Solar panels charge up the batteries and when the power is off, you’ll have no grid.
– $10,000. Cost for the Tesla Power Wall
– FREE site surveys, etc.,
– Tesla Tiles are more for new construction.
Shows and Tours
Michael C. of Joshua Tree, CA