January 20, 2018
R.O.T.W./Life Coaching/L.G.B.T./ Segments
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
1. CRAZY MELS –
– Open 7 days a week, 10 AM to close
– North Palm Canyon.
– $4 hamburgers w/ full bar.
2. “Azul, the New Color of Palm Springs”
– All shows are on hiatus now. Focus on food.
– Bar menu/bar bites available.
– Open 7 days a week. Breakfast to close
– 369 N. Palm Canyon
FLY HIGH LIVING
– re: specializes in helping people find their unique gifts in life.
– On being a transgendered woman.
– Comments on “Beyond the Opposite Sex” movie by Bruce Hensel, from the P.S. International Film Festival.
– Lots of courses and seminars available.
– Discussion of having been a husband and father and in the military
– Change starts w/ discontent and then longing.
– If you feel misery, check it early.
– 2/28 – Her seminar @ Acqua California Bistro
“LATE BLOOMING, MY GENDER JOURNEY”
Allison Lenore Annalora
– On being a transgendered woman….and always having felt like a woman since 3 years old.
– Discussion of “mentally” moving your identity, not just physically.
– Discussion of how challenging or not the gender journey may or may not be.
– 2/1 – Her talk @ Desert Hot Springs Senior Center
– 2/10 – Her show @ Azul to promote her Star on the P.S. Walk of Stars.
– Can get her book @ Just Fabulous or Amazon.
Home and Services
Penny H. of Palm Springs, CA
DESERT OASIS HEALTH CARE
Dr. Brian Hodgkins
– 4 times the number of flu patients requiring hospitalization.
– Influenza A flu virus vaccine is NOT a good match this season…only about 30% effective in the U.S.
– Very young and very old are most affected.
– 6 foot “margin of error”. Stay 6 feet away from an infected person.
– Learn Life’s Simple 7 steps to prevent heart disease.
– 2/2 – Sock Hop @ the Air Museum supported by D.O.H.C.
– 2/16 – “Go Red for Women” @ the Westin Mission Hills supported by D.O.H.C.
– 3/22 – Partner w/ Cancer Partners for “Old Bags Luncheon” @ Thunderbird C.C.
BLUE TIGER RECOVERY
– On being a source for help w/ marriage, family, addiction and trauma issues.
– A private practice facility as well as a partial hospitalization and outpatient source.
– Use a lot of myth and folklore themes in therapy.
– Have 5 therapists.
– Relapse to substance abuse cause such issues.
– Certain people are pre-disposed to an addiction…i.e. alcohol
– Disorders overlap other addictions.
– Reptilian (older tapes) part of the brain.
– Yoga and Hiking both affect that part of the brain.
– Discussion of their treatment of trauma that continues to affect someone’s life.
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
EMERSON AND FARRAR JEWELRY
– Stone of the month – Garnet, can come in EVERY COLOR
– Photo of stones. Left = $3,150. and Right = $7,000
Time for ordering for Valentine’s Day
Buying jewelry for women, get’s men out of trouble.
Store designs everything
PALM SPRINGS LIFE MAGAZINE
Kent Black, re: Being editor-in-chief of P.S. Life Magazine
Current issue of Palm Springs Life.
Article on the Map to the Stars homes, here in Palm Springs
Has been the editor-in-chief for 2 and a half years.
FASHION WEEK EL PASEO/PALM SPRINGS LIFE
Susan Stein re:Being Fashion and Scene Editor for Palm Springs Life Magazine
1). 3/17 – 24 is the 13th year of Fashion Week
– 14,000 people came last year
– Amazing fashion talent will be there this year
– Focus on CA. fashion
– 8 shows
– Carolina Herrera and other fashion stars will be there.
– Contest for a “back stage” pass, with lots of prizes, seats, make up, hair, etc. Enter to win @ (www.fashionweekelpaseo.com)
– Burgandy is the trendiest color this season 2). 3/24,25, 26 – Palm Desert Food and Wine Festival
“DINNER AT FIVE”
Lloyd J. Schwartz re: On being the creator of “The Brady Bunch”
He wrote “Dinner @ Five”
Performing Wed., 1/24 @ the Indian Wells Theater @ 7:30
Plays for 5 weeks
Starring folks from hit TV shows including The Brady Bunch
7:30 @ CSUSB Palm Desert Campus