December 9, 2017
R.O.T.W./Animals/ACT for MS/Talk of Stars/Go Green Segments
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
– RESERVE NOW FOR THE HOLIDAYS
– 12/24, 3 – 9 PM: Christmas Eve 4-course dinner, $44.99
– 12/25, 1 – 9 PM: Christmas Day 4-course dinner, $44.99
– 12/31, New Year’s Eve 4-course dinner; early seating, 4:30 – 6:30 PM, $49.99; late seating, 7:30 PM, featuring Tony Grandberry Big Fun Orchestra, champagne $99.99.
LOVING ALL ANIMALS
– Animals for Christmas gifts? Good for a rescue animal, but not w/out asking the parents where the animal will live.
– Today 10 to 1 @ Gelson’s in Rancho Mirage. “Dog and Cat” Days. They provide everything you need. Bed, leash, collar, name tag, food, toys, etc., Animal is spay/neutered, micro-chipped and vaccinated. Fee depending on the animal.
– New owners are vetted as well.
TALK OF STARS/MCCALLUM THEATER
His show tonight @ the McCallum @ 8 PM. “An Evening of Laughter & Memories (Stories) of Sinatra”
– Trees freshly cut not stored for months
– From Montana
– Will deliver
– Free tree stand, that doesn’t leak, that you can return/re-use
– Wreaths, garland, etc.,
– Will flock in any color.
– Open 9 AM to 9 PM up too and thru Christmas Day.
– Two lots; 400 N. Indian in Palm Springs
73-796 San Luis Rey, Palm Desert.
REPORT ON ACT FOR MS/CHRISTMAS TREE LANE
Report as Producer on ACT for MS Christmas Tree Lane 12/1 and head’s up for P.S.I.F.F. coming in Jan., 2018 of which he is the Producer.
Home and Services
Eddie C. of Palm Springs, CA.
Senior Moment Segment
FAMILY HOSPICE CARE
Dr. Howard Cohen, Medical Director
– Board certified in emergency medicine
– Their 60 trained volunteers
– People start after Thanksgiving to “remember” things/losses that make them sad.
– This can be part of the healing process that never really ends.
– Allows you to “enjoy” who the loved one was in your life after the grieving process has progressed a while.
– Folks tend to “hang on” for reasons that can’t be explained medically.
– People in hospice do better w/ animals around them as well.
Larry Davis V.P. of the Coachella Valley
– Report on recent 13th Candle lighting Services for over 600 folks in both English and Spanish, with paper doves.
– How to deal w/ grief before the Holidays, no matter how long ago one passed.
– Helpful to be w/ folks of similar emotions.
– Feels as though the loved one is still “with you” in a sense.
– Knowing what to say after a loss.
– If you pre-plan and pre-pay your services, no one can change anything.
– FYI. Cannot bury animals, nor cremate them.
Kids and Pets
Dyanne N. of Desert Hot Springs, CA. – 1st TIME WINNER!!!!!
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
NEURO VITALITY CENTER
Bev Greer – Report on re-scheduling of “Escape Room” for next year.
– 12/15 “Jingle and Mingle” party @ Neuro Vitality Center, w/ a giving tree @ 280 E. Alejo Rd. from 4 – 7 PM. Entertainment w/ Yve Evans and Keisha “D” and a turkey dinner. $25.
– New boxing program for Parkinson’s patients, w/ standing bags and speed bags.
– Services for traumatic brain injury, stroke, Parkinsons, and MS patients.
– Only facility of it’s kind in the world.
– Shop @ Jackie Lee’s Thrift Shop, open Saturdays.
AIRMEDCARE NETWORK/REACH AIR MEDICAL SERVICES
Being the Business Relations Manager/Pilot for the Local C.V. air ambulance membership provider offering life-saving services to communities across the country.
– Two kinds of membership – EMERGENT “Life or Limb” helicopter ride, $65./year for everyone under your roof and FLY U HOME airplane ride, bedside to bedside, $149/yr. for everyone under your roof.
– Always a flight nurse and highly trained paramedic on board each flight.
– Professional pilots who understand when to go and when not to go. Safety of aircraft and crew are foremost.
– Helicopters are all instrument equipped.
– All operations are 24/7.
– Crossroads of medical and transportation industries.
Call Kellie (760) 218-0802
ISRAEL GUIDE DOGS CENTER
Coordinator w/ Carlos King
– Feb., 23, 2018 – Fund raising event @ Desert Willow Golf Resort
– Organization started in Israel
– Costs over $25,000. to train a guide dog.
– There was a need to breed/raise/train these dogs IN Israel, due to language, noise and environmental issues.
– Dogs that aren’t qualified to be guide dogs can be in service for others…i.e. autistic children, etc.,
– Looking for a sponsor here to be able to raffle off a trip to Israel.
Carlos King (760) 880-9987
Shows & Tours:
Edie P. of Palm Desert, CA