November 25, 2017
R.O.T.W./Mc Callum Moments/Time Passages Segments
– Report on 11/19 The Hollywood Pantages Theater’s Marty Wiviott’s 80th bday w/ JoAnne Worley and Broadway’s 102 yr. old Patricia Morrison.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
“Azul, the New Color of Palm Springs”
– New Seasonal menu.
– All ages and dog friendly.
– Tues., 11/28, 7 PM – Charity Bingo – Wed., 11/29, 7 PM – Paint Night – Thurs., 11/30, 7 PM – Village Fest – Breakfast served daily, 10 AM – 1 PM. Never a cover charge. New menu….Try the Joey English Cobb Salad or the new bar bites. – TOMORROW: 11/26 – 12:30 PM Disco Drag Brunch
– 12/2 – The P.S. Festival of Lights Parade from Azul, where Joey English will be commentating.
– Heated, climate controlled outside venue….w/ street food. (cotton candy, hot chocolate, hot dogs, pretzels, etc.,)
– Allison Annalora’s dinner/show inside after the parade.
– New venue….”Crazy Mel’s” open 5 days a week, Thurs., – Mon. 10 AM to 10 PM. @ Museum Way.
MC CALLUM MOMENTS/DESERT SYMPHONY
– (presented by the Auen Foundation, www.auenfoundation.org) re: Season tickets. Shows Dec., 7 “Under the Street Lamp”; Jan., 11; Feb., 1; Mar., 15; Ap., 12; and the Barry Manilow benefit in Dec., 15 “Gift of Love” premier tix available thru the Symphony w/ supper @ “Cuistot” Tix for this (760) 779-5988
TALK OF STARS/MC CALLUM MOMENTS
“Cinderella” tonight thru 11/28. Being one of the “ugly” stepsisters “Charlott”…..this production “tweaked” by Douglas Carter Beane for the Broadway production.
– Malcolm Young 1/6/53 – 11/18/17
– Mel Tillis 8/8/32 – 11/19/17
– Della Reese 7/6/31 – 11/19/17
Home and Services
Jean D. of Palm Desert, CA.
REPORT ON KAYE BALLARD’S B-day 11/20
EISENHOWER MEDICAL CENTER
Lee Rice (Media Coordinator) and Stephanie Farrell (MBA, RN, BSN, CCRC, Dir., Research Administration, EMC)
Lung Cancer Awareness Month
– Lung Screening research w/ the International Early Lung Cancer Action Program (I-ELCAP)
– Medicare approval of Low Dose CT Lung Screening. ( A screening test to detect lung cancer early in former or current heavy smokers)
– Ways to reduce your cancer risk: Stay away from tobacco, maintain a healthy weight, eat healthy & exercise. Be safe in the sun.
– Why lung cancer clinical trials are so important.
– 11/30 – Art of Mindful Eating During the Holiday Season @ the Mizell @ 1 PM
– 12/8 – Blood Drive for www.Lifestream.org @ Annenberg Center for Health Sciences @ Emc
PALM SPRINGS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
– 12/1 – Athena Awards Luncheon @ Renaissance P.S. @ 11:30 AM honoring 5 amazing women.
– 12/14 – Opening of The New Downtown w/ 4 PM ribbon-cutting, fireworks (courtesy of Harold Matzner), Village Fest, time capsule, bands, etc.
– Co-working space @ the Chamber should be open in January. Old furniture will be donated to Revivals.
– The new Starbucks Reserve downtown.
– Dec., 1 – World Aids Day “Everyday Heroes”
– Dec., 2 – P.S. Festival of Lights Parade – Steve will judge and Joey will be commentating in front of Azul.
– Revivals decorated the 2nd home for Sanctuary Palm Springs.
– 50% off all donated items TODAY @ Revivals.
– Revivals won “Best of”…in all categories in the Desert.
Kids and Pets
Glenn McC of Desert Hot Springs, CA
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
BRADY SANDAHL REAL ESTATE GROUP (Keller Williams Luxury Homes)
– Offices in Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage and La Quinta.
– 250 properties in escrow in P.S. right now. Need for properties to sell.
– Same is true in Cathedral City
– Rancho Mirage is now about 30 % below the all time high, so great time to buy.
– Buyers want defect free, timeless service w/ great interaction.
– The Brady Sandahl “Mystery Houses”
– You have to “inspect what you expect”.
Dennis Van Buskirk
– Open enrollment from Nov., 15 to Jan., 15. – Rates/fees have increased and services have decreased.
– Anthem Blue Cross is getting out of California Jan., 1, which means fewer companies to choose from.
– Good time to shop around.
– Health insurance drives the cost of home and auto insurance up while decreasing benefits.
– Penalties will be $650 per person if you don’t have health insurance.
– Major medical plans are not really out there anymore.
– Less expensive to go “outside” the group plan sometimes.
– Does Covered CA. and Medical
– Take Dennis 3 minutes to shop it for you, vs. you doing it yourself. Applications are simple. Dennis will do them for you.
– No brokerage fees
– Forms are on his website
EUREKA WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Matthew D. Davis
– Your need for a 5 year financial plan.
– Health care savings accounts for small businesses w/ healthy employees.
– Employees can save in that account and it’s tax free for medical expenses and they can take it out for other expenses.
– Tuesday, Nov., 28 FREE seminar “Taxation of Social Security and Retirement Income Strategies” w/ Q. and A. @ 125 E. Tahquitz Cyn., @ 6 PM.
– Will do a comprehensive plan, 5 year or otherwise.
– End of life/estate planning too.
Shows & Tours:
Barbara P. of Palm Springs, CA