October 14, 2017
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
“Castellis”. 30 years the restaurant has been there. Romantic, fine Italian dining. Open 7 days a week for dinner
C.V. ECONOMIC PARTNERSHIP
John Mc Mullen
A member of the Board of Directors and a participant in the iHub Accelerator program at the Coachella Valley Economic Partnership.
– 10/25 – The upcoming 13th Annual CVEP Economic Summit taking place at the Palm Springs Convention Center at 8 am.
– Tickets are $110 in advance and $125 at the door.
– 3 local entrepreneurs supported by CVEP’s iHub have landed patents for products that will have significant impact on the world and help add more living wage jobs to our community. 1.) Elizabeth Wong, a Certified RN/Anesthetist at Desert Regional, invented the Double-Lock Sterile Entry Intravenous Port and Syringe System; 2.) Hank McCarrick, CEO of Seco Sys, inventor of the HydraMeter, which detects and reports water leaks; and, 3.) Johann “Wind Cowboy” Steinlechner, CEO of Heppolt Wind LLC, invented a new and more efficient and productive style of wind turbine.
LOVING ALL ANIMALS
She’s the Development Director.
– 11/2 – “Spay-Ghetti & No Balls” Pasta Dinner & Silennt Auction. 5 to 8 PM @ the Air Museum. Produced by Sherri Kelly and catered by “849/Willie Rhine”
– Donations for “Food Now” in Desert Hot Springs will be taken @ the event. Un-opened cat and dog food.
Oct. is “Adopt a Shelter Dog Month”!!!!
– 10/19 – “Eat for Cange” @ Chipotlie from 4 to 8 PM. Bring in the flier on the website and they’ll donate 50% of proceeds to Animal Samaritans.
– 12/3 – “Men of the Desert” Fashion Show & Charity Luncheon. Produced by Susan Stein. @ the A.C.C. from 11 AM – 2 PM. Voting ends 10/30.
Home and Services
Darla N. of Cathedral City, CA.
The “Senior Moment” Segment
FAMILY HOSPICE CARE
Dr. Howard Cohen
Hospice care is really about living right until the last. Hospice comes from a word that means to “stop and rest”.
Bereavement Support Groups.
….Mon., 9 AM – 10 AM @ Joslyn Center in P.D.
….Wed., 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM @ Mizell Senior enter in P.S.
….Thurs., 1 PM – 2 PM @ DOHC Health Education Office in Yucca Valley
….Fri., 9 AM – 10 AM @ City of L.Q. Wellness Center in L.Q.
– Funeral coaches in three colors and classic vintage coaches. Comforting to folks. Some w/ “memory safes” in them.
– Horse-drawn black or white glass funeral coaches are available for services as well.
– Their participation in the community in many different ways that are comforting as well.
– Evolution of caskets
– Planning your service and paying for it removes over 100 decisions that the family has to make in the first 24 hours and prevents any discussions about changes you have requested.
– The new Jerusalem-themed mosaic @ Forest Lawn in C.C. will be dedicated perhaps in October.
– Forest Lawn has the largest collection of stained glass in the United States.
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Medical/Talk of Stars Segments
DESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
– Study that says we are higher than the national average for pedestrian deaths in Palm Springs.
– 10/19 – @ Mizell Senior Center from 1 PM – 2 PM. “How a Healthy Lifestyle Could Protect You From Breast Cancer” RSVP (800) 491-4990
– 10/24 – @ Welwood Murray Memorial Library from 10 AM – 11 AM. “Walk or Don’t Walk: What Palm Springs Pedestrians Need to Know” RSVP (800) 491-4990
– 11/2 – @ Mizell Senior Center from 1PM – 2 PM. ‘When the Check Kidney Light Comes On: Simple Maintenance Tips for Kidney Care. RSVP (800) 491-4990
– 11/8 – @ Joslyn Center from 10 AM – 11 AM. “Prostate Cancer: To Screen or Not to Screen”. RSVP (800) 491-4990
TALK OF STARS
Her new book. “My 4 Hollywood Husbands”…that she wrote about her co-dependency in her 4 marriages.
– 10/22 – She speaking @ a luncheon featuring 3 of her TV husbands @ the Riviera Hotel. To raise money for P.S. Writer’s Guild. Every guest gets a book. www.palmspringswritersguild.org or (760) 992-4973 for tix.
– 11/19 – “Tools for Tomorrow” book signing/cocktail party @ the Acqua Ca. Bistro @ 5 PM to benefit after school art programs.
– 12/15 – Book Signing @ Just Fabulous.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
“LuLu California Bistro” and their Halloween festivities for 10/31. Prizes for costumes.
NEURO VITALITY CENTER
Only facility of it’s kind IN THE WORLD. New boxing program. New gym. The motorized thera-cycle benefits for clients w/ Parkinson’s, that using will help slow down the progression of the disease. Need for a “motion disorder specialist”
– Monday and Wednesday, weekly programs for Parkinson’s patients. i.e. Stretch and be vocal, group speech therapy, etc.,
– 10/27 – “Escape” fundraiser @ “Escape” @ 2500 N. Palm Canyon, Ste. B3. You escape w/ 10 other game players from 6 different rooms. $50/person.
Shows & Tours:
Gilbert H. of Desert Hot Springs, CA