September 9, 2017
MENTION: – Tomorrow 9/10 is National Grandparent’s Day.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
“Aspen Mills”. New store in La Quinta next to Trader Joe’s. Every 12 sandwiches you get a free something. Street fair @ COD, Farmer’s Market @ Joshua Tree. R.M. library. Bread made fresh every day. 6 different salads. Brownies, rolls, cookies and pies all made from scratch. Low carb breads. Can pre-order.
LOVING ALL ANIMALS
Impact on the animal world of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. Much better organized that previously. i.e. during Katrina 1. Animals had to be left behind. 2. Didn’t have anywhere to go. 3. Weren’t microchipped. Coachella Valley will receive some animals…they have to be quarantined for 4 weeks. Need for donations of unopened dog and cat food.
….Animal food bank in Desert Hot Springs.
….SAVE THE DATE: 11/2 “Spay-Ghetti & No Balls” pasta dinner & silent auction.
“Senior Moment” Segment
FAMILY HOSPICE CARE
Dr. Howard Cohen re: Bereavement Support Groups.
….Mon., 9 AM – 10 AM @ Joslyn Center in P.D.
….Wed., 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM @ Mizell Senior enter in P.S.
….Thurs., 1 PM – 2 PM @ DOHC Health Education Office in Yucca Valley
….Fri., 9 AM – 10 AM @ City of L.Q. Wellness Center in L.Q.
– Funeral coaches in three colors and classic vintage coaches. Comforting to folks. Some w/ “memory safes” in them.
– Horse-drawn black or white glass funeral coaches are available for services as well.
– Their participation in the community in many different ways that are comforting as well.
– Evolution of caskets
– Planning your service and paying for it removes over 100 decisions that the family has to make in the first 24 hours and prevents any discussions about changes you have requested.
– The new Jerusalem-themed mosaic @ Forest Lawn in C.C. will be dedicated perhaps in October.
– Forest Lawn has the largest collection of stained glass in the United States.
Carol T. of Palm Springs, CA
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Medical/Talk of Stars Segments
NEURO VITALITY CENTER
Bev Greer, the Ex., Dir.,
New boxing program. New gym. The motorized thera-cycle benefits for clients w/ Parkinson’s, that using will help slow down the progression of the disease. Need for a “motion disorder specialist”
– Monday and Wednesday, weekly programs for Parkinson’s patients. i.e. Stretch and be vocal, group speech therapy, etc.,
– 10/27 – “Escape” fundraiser @ “Escape” on Racquet Club.
DESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
Richard Ramhoff, Dir. of Mkt., and P.R.
– 9/13 – “Who Knows the Nose, Eyes, and Ears?” Panel discussion @ the Joslyn Center from 10 to 11 AM. RSVP to (800) 491-4990
– 9/21 – “What to Know About Stress, Anxiety & Depression” @ Mizell Senior Center from 1 to 2 PM. RSVP to (800) 491-4990
– 9/28 – “Planning Your Healthcare Future w/ an Advance Directive” w/ Drs. Beltran and Niebian @ D.H.S. Senior Center from 1 to 2 PM. RSVP to (800) 491-4990
– 10/10 – “Sex, Intimacy and Cancer” w/ Dr., Jackson @ La Quinta Library from 4 to 5 PM. RSVP to (800) 491-4990
SAVE THE DATE: 10/21 – “3rd. Annual All About the Family” Fundraiser Masquerade Gala. @ the A.C.C. www.hansonhouse.nicu.com
TALK OF STARS
A legendary, Academy Award winner and Icon. Her amazing film history and her current project…”Beverly Hills Christmas 2″