August 5, 2017
R.O.T.W./Theater/Time Passages Segments
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
“Elmer’s” re: 12 oz. Slow roasted, rock salt Prime Rib for under $20. New peach and blueberry crepes, new sunrise omelet, new clubhouse omelet. They sell 3300 German pancakes a month. Being #1 in the Elmer’s chain. www.eatatelmers.com
DESERT ROSE PLAYHOUSE
Artistic Director Jim Strait
2017 – 2018 6th Season Presents;
VANYA & SONIA & MASHA & SPIKE by Christopher Durang – Tony Award “Best Play in 2013”
TIMES SQUARE ANGEL by Charles Busch – Musical Pastiche from legendary gay playwright/performer
FIFTH OF JULY by Lanford Wilson – Gay Vietnam Veteran family comedy by Pulitzer Prize Winning playwright – Our Gay Heritage Production!!
SUDDENLY LAST SUMMER by Tennessee Williams – Gothic Southern Corruption and Horror
DARE by Allan Baker – the World Premiere of Award-Winning Gay Play
– Sam Shepard -11/5/1943 – 7/31/2017
Medical/Barbara Sinatra/Museums Segment
Discussion of the funeral service for Barbara Sinatra
FAMILY HOSPICE CARE
Dr. Howie Cohen
Definition of “dying from natural causes” that was the cause of death of Barbara Sinatra. Definition of Lou Gehrig’s disease” that was the cause of death of Sam Shepard last week. The importance of planning and paying for your services.
Report on the services on Tues., Aug., 1 for Barbara Sinatra……Thalians Christmas Party Dec., 9 @ the BelAir Country Club
PALM SPRINGS ART MUSEUM
Being the Manager of Community Programming.
The re-installation of the permanent exhibit – 6 aspects of it.
– Aug., 17 – FREE movie @ the Annenberg “Paris Texas”
PALM SPRINGS AIR MUSEUM
– Aug., 18 – in the new Miles Hanger. “Rogue One, A Star War’s Story” will screen on the big 18 X 10 LED HI definition screen. Concessions for sale inside. FREE to children under 5
– Open cockpit every Sat., morning
– Aug., 16 – Tuskegee Airman Children’s Discovery Series
Eddie C. of Palm Springs, CA
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
L.G.B.T./Revivals/”Go Green” Segments
DESERT AIDS PROJECT
“Mr. Community”….Report on the furniture “show” in Las Vegas…….i.e.
– new collection of products from HGTV’s Jonathan and Drew Scott….that purchasing will benefit DAP.
– New lighting collections too.
– Collection of outdoor rugs.
– Oct., 21 – “Aid’s Walk”. 31st Annual. Register @ www.desertaidswalk.org. “Our Community in Action and you Can Lead the Way”.
– New “Hep-C” Care center @ DAP
– Aug., 11 – Steve will host the Rancho Mirage “Taste of Rancho Mirage” in the form of a “crawl” @ Babes @ the River starting @ 5 PM. Get your wristband or bring the one you have. Then “crawl” to Acqua, then to Flemings, then to Fox and Fiddle.
. $10. wristband entitles you to go into all the participating restaurants and get their $4. specials. Drinks, appetizers and desserts for $4. www.tasteofsummerranchomirage.com
Charles Huff the Volunteer Co-ordinator
– SALE OF THE CENTURY!!!!! in Palm Springs Store all week….
– Aug., 5, 6 – 50% off all donated items
– Aug., 7 – 9 – 75% off all donated items
– Aug., 10 – 90% off all donated items
– the NEW MOD FURNITURE @ the P.S. Stores ON THE FLOOR is 25% off.
– Palm Springs store will be closed for remodeling from the 11th for a few days.
DESERT WATER AGENCY
Clarification of “turn off” valves for your water. Older properties do not have “customer control valves”. Great crews from DWA. Governed by community representatives that DWA is accountable to. You don’t PAY for your water, just the delivery of it. Will we ever get “solar” type water services.
– Still offering free sprinkler nozzels.
– Cannot water within 48 hours of rain.
– Stay OUT OF THE WHITEWATER river. Illegal to be in it, except for the preserve.
Darla N. of Cathedral City, CA.