June 10, 2017
Theater/Animals/Time Passages Segments
DESERT ROSE PLAYHOUSE
– “PARTY” runs 6/23 thru 7/30. Contains mature situations and nudity. The plot is about “making a family” if you don’t have one. Line-up for 2017 – 2018 (their 6th) Season and tickets are available now. Can buy tickets on the website as well.
LOVING ALL ANIMALS
– “PETS ON PARADE”, 19th Annual Luncheon and Awards. 11:30 AM to 2 PM @ Omni Rancho Las Palmas. You may bring a well-behaved pet on a leash.
– Joys of adopting “rescue pets”.
– Tips for caring for your animals in the heat. i.e. sunblock on noses of doggies.
– Her observation while playing her harp @ both weddings and funerals.
Roger Smith: 12/18/1932 – 6/4/2017
William Krisel: 12/14/24 – 6/5/17
Senior Moment Segment
– The “Senior Moment” Segment of the Joey English Show is presented in part by VITALITAS HOME CARE REFERRAL AGENCY www.vitalitashca.com and (760) 407-6505.
FAMILY HOSPICE CARE
Dr. Howard Cohen
Living in the moment is so important. Caring service is their reason for being. His explanation of “deathbed visions”. Usually angels or dead relatives. Even people w/ dementia see these “deathbed visions”. Their services and programs @ Family Hospice Care. (contact info: www.familyhospicecare.com and (760) 674-3344)
Report on 5/29 – FREE Memorial Day 2017. – The “I would have, could have, should have” moments in life.
– His take on the most meaningful thing on a headstone…….the dash.
– The design of the new 400,000 piece Wailing Wall Mosaic @ Forest Lawn in the Mount Zion Gardens.
– The fear of the “unknown” of dying.
– “Caring Service Is Their Reason for Being”
DESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
Dr. Jackson Crough, DPM
He specializes in advanced limb salvage. His 6/14 Seminar “Why Diabetes Affects the Foot”….and what to do about it. @ The Joslyn Center from 10 AM – 11 AM. Please rsvp @ (800) 491-4990.
NEURO VITALITY CENTER
The services they have for Parkinsons patients and their new motorized bikes that help retard that disease’s growth. Need for volunteers….will train, minimum of 4 hours a week of work.
THE BRAILLE INSTITUTE
– Mission statement is to empower visually impaired folks to live productive and fulfilling lives. Braille Institute has been around almost 100 years.
– Treat folks who go from low vision to no vision, and everything in between. Corrective lenses don’t help anymore. Difference between legally blind and totally blind.
– Most blind people don’t read braille anymore.
– Diabetes is the leading cause of blindness in younger folks.
– Macular degeneration is the leading cause of blindness in older folks.