October 8, 2016
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
Paris Kessinger and Allison Lenore Annalora
Discussing “Alibi Azul”. Allison’s show tonight @ 7:30 PM. The new “Latin Dish” menu on Saturdays.
LOVING ALL ANIMALS w/BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!
Discussing 10/13 “Spay-Ghetti & No Balls” pasta dinner & silent auction from 4 – 8 PM @ the BG Bird Gardens, 73179 Joshua Tree St. in Palm Desert. $25 in advance or $40 @ the door. Trying to make the Coachella Valley a “no kill” Valley; LAA “donor” program.
Dennis T. of Thousand Palms
Senior Moment Segment
ARTHUR NEWMAN FREEWAY
Presented by the Auen Foundation www.auenfoundation.org
- Cathedral City Senior Center (760) 321-1548
- The Center Palm Springs (760) 416-7790
- Coachella Senior Center (760) 398-0104
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center (760) 329-6411
- Indio Senior Center (760) 391-4170
- Joslyn Senior Center (760) 340-3220
- La Quinta Wellness Center (760) 564-0096
- LGBT Community Center (760) 416-7790
- Mizell Senior Center (760) 323-5689 and www.mizell.org
- Thermal Senior Center (760) 399-0081
FAMILY HOSPICE CARE
Dr. Howard Cohen
Discussing being one of the largest providers of hospice care in the Coachella Valley. The first physician in the nation to have passed the Hospice Medical Director Certification Board and is Board Certified by the American Board of Post-Acute and Long Term Care Medicine, w/a background in Emergency Medicine and Obstetrics. The fact that folks wait too long to start hospice. LIVE IN THE MOMENT. Two types of patients, those w/cancer and those without cancer.
Discussing heading into the Holiday Season after a loss; 10/27 @ 7-9 PM FREE “Making It Through The Holidays” seminar. Some of the ways people “prepare” to die; hospice care; the importance of pre-planning AND pre-paying for funerals, burial insurance.
Kids/Pets Giveaway winner:
Edmund V. of Indio
NEURO VITALITY CENTER
Discussing 11/10 – Annual Gala @ the SHOW @ The Agua Caliente Casino “For Your Eyes Only” featuring Sheena Easton.
DESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
- Discussing October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Report on “Paint El Paseo Pink” this morning. New guidelines for getting mammograms.
- 10/11, 4-5 PM @ La Quinta Library “What Genetice could Mean for You and Your Health” w/Janet Ihde, MD
- 10/12, 6-7:30 PM @ Sinatra Auditorium @ DRMC “The Urology Questions” w/Farshid Mirzaee, MD & Bobby Alexander, MD
- 10/18, 5:30-6:30 PM @ Sun City Palm Desert “What to Know if Your Heart Skips a Beat” w/Kamal Kotak, MD
- 10/20, 1-2 PM @ Mizell Senior Center “How to Fight Osteoporosis” w/Todd Swenning, MD
- 11/1, 4-5 PM @ La Quinta Library “Unburden Your Shoulder” w/Sydney Pardino, MD
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
Discussing Koffi and new “coffee cups” sold in the three locations and on line. Organic and French roast coffees. Cold brew coffee….and they will ship anywhere. Other foods i.e., breakfast sandwiches, oatmeal, salads etc. Other drinks available too.
AGUA CALIENTE BAND OF CAHUILLA INDIANS
Kate Anderson, Dir. of Public Relations
Discussing 10/11 & 12 FREE “Think Big” Coachella Valley Regional College & Career Fair @ the ACC in Rancho Mirage. Military and tech schools too. Financial aid information. More info at www.NTBweek.com
DESERT ROCKS INDOOR CLIMBING GYM
Discussing Coachella Valley’s only indoor climbing gym. 7000 sq. feet of climbing walls. Functions for parties, events, clubs. Harness climbing and bouldering. All abilities, all ages. 19160 McLane St., P.S.
Mike C. of Joshua Tree
1ST TIME WINNER!!!!!