October 22, 2016
Entertainment/R.O.T.W./Talk of Stars Segment
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
- NOW – 11/1: “Shipwreck Shores” nightly Halloween show on the patio, approx. 7P, every 45-60 minutes, 11P last show on WEEKDAYS, midnight last show on WEEKENDS.
- Sun – Tea Dance Disco
- Mon – Kal David, Blues & BBQ
- Wed – “Oscar’s IDOL” – ALL TALENT are welcome (singers, musicians, comics, magicians, variety) – $150 weekly prize, $500 semi finals prize (1st one is 11/16) and $1500 final prize is 9/20/2017 – sign up on Oscar’s Facebook page or call.
- Thu – Sat: Carnival Cabaret with Gypsy – Celebrity Female Impersonation Dinner Show, 2 for 1 if you mention “Joey English Show” – phone orders ONLY, call 505-FUN-SHOW.
- www.oscarspalmsprings.com and (760) 325-1188
CITY OF PALM DESERT
Thomas Soule, Marketing manager for the City
- Palm Desert First Weekend; 1st weekend of each month, Nov. through May
- Friday, Nov., 4 – Galen 1st Friday’s Celebrates “Day of the Dead” w/ a family friendly event.
- Street Art & Music Festival on the Deck @ Westfield Mall (top level of the parking garage @ Macy’s)
- These events are FREE
- El Paseo Art Walk, Cruise Nights and more
- www.pdfirstweekend.com and www.discoverpalmdesert.com
TALK OF STARS
Joyce Bulifant and Gavin MacLeod
Discussing their professional and private histories. 11/16: “Christmas @ the Grande Ole Dame” written w/Joyce’s husband, Roger Perry @ the Indian Wells Theatre, Directed by Joyce Bulifant, presented by the Auen Foundation. Opening night (catering by LuLu’s) benefits www.toolsfortomorrow.org and (760) 601-3954). Starring Gavin MacLeod (his book “This is Your Captain Speaking”), Donna MacMillan, Patrick Evans, Barbara & Jerry Keller and Jean Carrus.
Tom F. of La Quinta
Medical/Jewelry/P.S. Life/”Mr. Community” Segment
EISENHOWER MEDICAL CENTER
Lee Rice, Media Coordinator and Community Specialist
- Oct. 22 – Oriental Medicine Day FREE Acupuncture for Stress (760) 423-4855 for appointment
- Oct. 25 – Acupuncture & Alternative Medicine (760) 423-4855
- Oct. is breast cancer awareness month
- Nov. is lung cancer awareness month
- Ongoing “Quit Smoking Now” series
- Nov. 1 “Shine a Light on Lung Cancer” (760) 834-3798 to register
- Nov. 9 – “Update Options” (760) 770-5678 to register
ROYAL FAMILY CROWN JEWELS
Shepherd Clark, U.S. Figure Skating Champion, Men’s Free Skating Champion
World Figure Championships Silver Medalist and World Figure Sport Organization Hall of Fame Member. It takes 10 years to learn the compulsory figures championship he will compete in Dec. Ask Shepherd how he may help your fund raising through jewels, special events, and media production.
“MR. COMMUNITY”/P.S. CHAMBER
Report on sadness of officer killings; the candlelight vigil; Equality Awards; fashion show @ The Bank; his being the President-Elect of the P.S Chamber; three new Palm Springs Chamber of Commerce-sponsored trips: Kenya & Dubai; New York City & Broadway; and a deluxe Rhine River Cruise. DAP’s new social channels for the community to support DAP.
PALM SPRINGS LIFE MAGAZINE
Discussing being the Editor-in-Chief. “Men’s Fashion” November issue w/the “Steve McQueen” jacket on the cover. “On the Road Again” shot in the high desert. Article on “Wonder Valley” called Tobacco Road Boomtown full of fabulous artists and great photographs.
Kids/Pets Giveaway winner:
Manuel S. of Indio
1st Time Winner!!!!!
Business/Finance/Talk of Stars Segment
Dennis Van Buskirk
Discussing open enrollment starts Nov. 1 and ends Dec. 30th. Eventual impact of election on Covered California/Obama Care. Changes need to be done by Dec. 15. Insurance will go up this year. If you are over 75 years old, expect huge increase in your rates, so you’d better speak to Dennis (email questions to him: firstname.lastname@example.org). Basic dental insurance for as little as $19/month. Basic car insurance for as little as $25/month.
Discussing tips for doing your taxes. How he enjoys working w/the public. Practicing since 1985. October focus: Lunches and Care Packages for the Homeless. 10 persons office @ 787 N. Palm Cyn. Dr., P.S. located in Uptown Design District of P.S. Offices in La Quinta and throughout the Inland Empire. From financial statements to taxes for corporations. New tax laws regarding overtime coming.
TALK OF STARS
Second of 3 parts. She used her financial know-how and developed Gene Autry’s financial portfolio. Sold CBS TV in AZ. Sold KTLA. Gene’s history in radio from his telegraph career. Will Rogers suggested Gene (at 17) go to New York to be on the radio. So he went on “Barn Dance” in Chicago radio station WLS singing. First to go from hillbilly music to country. Before Hop-A-Long Cassidy did all his marketing/product endorsements. How Gene’s horse got his name. The horse had 4 doubles in the movies. Her polio episode started teaching her to “give back”.
Helen C. of Palm Springs