September 10, 2016
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
Discussing “Eight 4 Nine Restaurant and Lounge” about (a) “Paint & Wine” 9/13 and 9/19 art classes in one of the private rooms. Register @ www.incredibleartcenter.com and (b) $28 Three Course Dinner, a value of more than $55. Same great food and portions. (c) One Year Old as of 9/1/2016. Anniversary party on 9/12 from 5 – 7 PM. Bring a non-perishable item for Community Food Bank. SAVE THE DATE: 9/29-10/2 “Oktoberfest” benefiting March to Equality w/30% of sales.
MARQUEE ACADEMY OF PERFORMING ARTS
Discussing 9/17 Cabaret w/Karen Benjamin and Alan Chapman; monthly events planned, next one 10/15 to fund children’s programs; adult dance nights.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
Nick D’egidio and George Kessinger
Discussing “Alibi Azul” presenting THE RAT PACK one night only 9/17. Honoring Dean Martin and Sammy Davis, Jr. 2nd show for mature audiences.
Friday Nov. 11 Veterans Day Parade commentated by Miss Joey English in front of Alibi Azul.
LOVING ALL ANIMALS
Discussing 7th Annual “Spay-Ghetti & No Balls” Pasta Dinner and Silent Auction 10/13 @ the BG Bird Gardens.
Jane’t P. of Desert Hot Springs
Senior Moments Segment
ARTHUR NEWMAN FREEWAY
presented by the Auen Foundation www.auenfoundation.org
September is National Senior Center Month.
- Cathedral City Senior Center and (760) 321-1548
- The Center Palm Springs and (760) 416-7790
- Coachella Senior Center and (760) 398-0104
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center and (760) 329-6411
- Indio Senior Center and (760) 391-4170
- Joslyn Senior Center and (760) 340-3220
- La Quinta Wellness Center and (760) 564-0096
- LGBT Community Center (760) 416-7790
- Mizell Senior Center and (760) 323-5689 and www.mizell.org
- Thermal Senior Center (760) 399-0081
Discussing being the Sales Counselor. Different levels of living available, location, services, activities. All activities, programs, restaurants etc. for residents, families, associates and visitors. Different locations. Nancy the Pastry Chef.
Discussing heading into the Holiday Season after a loss; some of the ways people “prepare” to die; hospice care; the importance of pre-planning AND pre-paying for funerals, burial insurance.
Kids/Pets Giveaway winner:
Charles S. of North Palm Springs
NEURO VITALITY CENTER
C.E.O. Bev Greer
Discussing 11/10 @ THE SHOW @ The A.C.C. Monte Carlo Night “For Your Eyes Only” event starring Sheena Easton; new building almost finished; budget of $1 million/year.
DESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
Richard Ramhoff, Director of Marketing
Discussing flu season stats. Who should get the shot? Anyone over 6 months of age. Nasal mist vaccine not recommended anymore. 9/16 starting free flu shots @ various senior centers in the Coachella Valley.
Y.M.C.A. OF THE DESERT
Dicsussing 10/2 “Y Be Fit” Palm Desert Challenge. Reverse Mini-Triathlon ($50), 5K Run/Walk ($30), 1K Color Run ($10) @ Civic Center Park in Palm Desert for all ages or team; register @ www.ybefitpdchallenge.org.
SAVE THE DATE – All the following take place on October 1st:
- 10A-2P: Celebrate the kick off to our ‘Year of the Cheetah’ w/a fun filled day of special keeper chats, tours, beer garden, food trucks, crafts & live entertainment. Free for members or with paid admission.
- 6-9:30P: ‘Saturday Night Cheetah’ – dig out your cheetah print bell bottoms, wear your dancing shoes & boogie to the best of disco. Ticket includes complimentary drink, dinner, & cash bar.
- Hiking trails reopen & regular season hours return, 9A-5P. Members can enter at 7A.
Also discussing “Park After Dark” camp for adults.
PALM SPRINGS UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
Discussing her reasons for running for P.S.U.S.D. School Board open seat. Feeling the need for younger input on the Board; new challenges for our children now. Mother of 3 children. New superintendent of Palm Springs School District is Sandy Lyons; info on STEM studies.
Discussing mission statement; (a) 6th Annual “Italian Festival” Nov. 12, 13 @ the Rancho Mirage Community Park, w/shuttle service from The River. Activities for Children. Emceed by Miss Joey English; (b) 10/22 Cabazon Outlets 9th Annual Shopping Extravaganza to benefit Desert ARC. Buy a ticket on the web site; Month of Sept. Desert ARC will have a booth @ P.S. Village Fest each Thurs. w/wheel to spin for tickets and prizes.
Edie P. of Palm Desert