June 11, 2016
Entertainment/Theater/R.O.T.W./Short Film Festival/Animal Segment
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
Discussing “A.J.’s On The Green”. New “Thank you Thursdays” menu, $3 well drinks, $5 appetizers; entertainment, summer schedule.
PALM CANYON THEATER
Discussing his role as director of “Footloose” from 7/8 to 7/17; Summer Kids Camp starting 6/13; all shows 2016-2017 Season.
DESERT ROSE PLAYHOUSE
Discussing “Party” from 6/24 to 7/31. Adult content.
P.S.I.F.F. FESTIVAL OF SHORT FILMS
Helen du Toit, Director of the Short Fest
6/21-27 @ the Camelot Theatres. 328 films in it’s 22nd year. 4100 films to play in their market place.
LOVING ALL ANIMALS
Mike Phipps-Russell, Executive Director
Discussing 7/9: The 18th Annual PETS ON PARADE Luncheon & Awards Ceremony @ Renaissance Indian Wells.
Discussing Adopt-A-Shelter-Cat Month.
Camille R. of Yucca Valley
Senior Moment/Time Passages Segment
ARTHUR NEWMAN FREEWAY
Presented by the Auen Foundation www.auenfoundation.org
- Cathedral City Senior Center (760) 321-1548
- The Center Palm Springs and (760) 416-7790
- Coachella Senior Center and (760) 398-3502
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center and (760) 329-0222
- Indio Senior Center and (760) 391-4170
- Joslyn Senior Center and (760) 325-2731
- La Quinta Senior Center and (760) 564-0096 and www.mizell.org
- Mizell Senior Center and (760) 323-5689
- Thermal Senior Center (760) 399-0081
Discussing different levels of living available, location, services, activities.
Report on Memorial Day; activities, seminars, counseling, and classes for dealing w/ grief; pre-planning AND pre-paying for funerals, burial insurance truths vs. television ads.
Kids/Pets Giveaway winner:
James B. of Desert Hot Springs
1ST TIME WINNER!!!!!
Medical/Children/Charity/Talk of Stars Segment
NEURO VITALITY CENTER
Sarah Johnson, Executive Assistant
Discussing new construction @ the facility. Warning signs – F.(face)A.(arms)S.(speech)T.(time). Shop @ Jackie Lee Thrift Shop; follow progress on FB.
DESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
Dr. Ramin Pooyan, D.O.
Bev Hernandez, Service Line Manager w/ICON
Discussing advancements in orthopedic hand & upper extremity surgery; Tues., June 14, 4 to 5 PM @ La Quinta Library lecture on “What Sports Do To Your Hands & Wrists” by Dr. Pooyan (R.S.V.P. to (800) 491-4990).
- Summer Promotions: 6/1 – 9/30
- Summer Memberships starting at $25!
- Summer Chill Tour – Buy one behind-the-scenes tour & get a 2nd one free!
- Summer ZooCamp – 6 sessions, 6/20 – 7/29, ages 4-12, Mon – Fri, 8A-Noon. Classes focus on entertaining & educational topics, geared to specific age levels. ZooCampers experience special behind the scenes tours, animal encounters & adventures!
Discussing mission statement, activities, locations….”Italian Festival”.
TALK OF STARS
Discussing release of his new CD (#72) “Trini Lopez. All Original Songs”.
Barbara P. of Palm Springs