February 13, 2016
PALM CANYON THEATRE
Discussing entire Season offerings; 1/22 – 27 “Anything Goes” w/ live musicians; 2/12 – 2/14 “Sordid Lives” w/ much of original cast; Se Layne, Judith Chapman, Joey English (as Bitsy Mae Harling, photo right).
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
Paris Kessinger and Bijou
Discussing “Alibi Azul” and all acts for Feb. 2016; community and charity involvements. Bijou’s celebrity history and Valentine’s Show. 6/9 Bijou’s Star Dedication.
DESERT ROSE PLAYHOUSE
Discussing “Angels in America” thru 2/21.
Laura Meeks, Certified Life Mastery Consultant
Discussing how to master every area of your life. Her book “Dream On!!!! Timeless Strategies to Reignite your Passion for Life”.
Discussing where to GET your new pet; 3/12/2016 “Superhero 5K Run; 1K Walk for the Animals” @ R.M. Community Park; registration sponsorship.
Discussing where to shop for products for your new pet; all products for cats and dogs, location @ 4751 E. Palm Canyon Dr. (Rimrock), hours.
THE DOG FATHER
Discussing 2/27 Benefit for “Guide Dogs of the Desert” @ 60-735 Dillon Road, Whitewater “Turbo Charge Your Dog Training Skills!!!!” His book “Wake Up and Smell the Poop!!!”
(760) 329-6259 for Guide Dogs benefit
Carol T. of Palm Springs
Senior Moment Segment
TALK OF STARS – DELL WEBB’S SUN CITY
Discussing 2/16 show “A man and His Prostate” at Sun City Mt. View Clubhouse, 38-189 Dell Webb Blvd. @ 7 PM. Photo below: Joey and Ed eating “worm cake” on the Mike Douglas Show.
TALK OF STARS MC CALLUM THEATRE
Discussing 2/25 concert.
ARTHUR NEWMAN FREEWAY
Presented by the Auen Foundation www.auenfoundation.org
- Cathedral City Senior Center (760) 321-1548
- The Center Palm Springs (760) 416-7790
- Coachella Senior Center (760) 398-3502
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center (760) 329-0222
- Indio Senior Center (760) 391-4170
- Joslyn Senior Center (760) 325-2731
- La Quinta Senior Center www.mizell.org and (760) 564-0096
- Mizell Senior Center (760) 323-5689
- Thermal Senior Center (760) 399-0081
Discussing all Feb. activities. All sites. Different levels of living available, location, services, activities
Discussing all Feb. activities, seminars, counseling, and classes for dealing w/grief; pre-planning AND pre-paying for funerals, burial insurance.
Kids/Pets Giveaway winner:
Eddie C. of Palm Springs
NEURO VITALITY CENTER
Discussing goals for 2016; fundraising needs.
DESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
Discussing Stroke Support Group, 1st Fri. of each month; Feb. HEART MONTH activities; Tai-Chi class every Wed.; 2/16 “Fall in Love w/Heart Health” w/Dr. Bhakta at Sun City Palm Desert; 2/18 “Fatigued and Tired Easily” lecture w/Dr. Konda @ Mizell Senior Center 1 to 2 PM.
- A baby giraffe was born 1/20, the sixth for mom, Dadisi, & the seventh for dad, Hesabu. He is now on exhibit!
- Winged Wonders – Get up close & personal with over 300 butterflies from 30 species.
- Now thru May – Camel Rides.
- SAVE THE DATE: 2/27 – Fairytales & Frogs Day featuring a “Toad”ally Royal Tea Party, photo booth station, games, crafts & more!
- SAVE THE DATE: Starry Safari overnight adventures begin 3/5 – select Fridays & Saturdays, March through May.
- SAVE THE DATE: 3/24, 25, 28 & 29 – Spring Zoo Camp for students aged 4-12.
PALM VALLEY SCHOOL
Discussing 3/5 “Broadway Bound” fundraiser at Thunderbird C.C.
Discussing mission statement; 4/7 Golf Tournament at Eagle Falls; Nov. “Italian Festival”.
DANCING W/OUR STARS
Mary Anne Eason
Discussing 3/6 “Dancing w/Our Stars” at the Agua Caliente Casino to support Pegasus Therapeutic Riding.
EMC DAY OF HOPE FOR DIABETES
Discussing 2/27 FREE “Jim Cook Day of Hope for Diabetes”, all activities, information, services.
Glenn W. of La Quinta